Selling Your Ideas Through Storytelling
Inspire Trust and Commitment for Plans and Strategies Using the Power of Storytelling
Gaining attention for a new idea can be challenging. Leaders often fill their presentations with statistics and metrics to help make their case, but these numbers and the meaning behind them often fail to make the personal connection that motivates people. To make an impact, leaders need to connect with their stakeholders in a way that inspires action.
Storytelling, a skill once reserved for AUTHORs and movie producers, has become the newest addition to the business leader’s tool box. Some claim it will be the leaders’ most important skill in the next decade. Research has shown that stories allow us to connect with data in a meaningful way.
By developing storytelling skills, learners will be able to:
- Create a compelling message that clearly communicates why their idea is better than any alternative
- Evaluate the preferred communication styles of the audience and frame ideas in a way that resonates deeply with them
- Create a memorable pitch, using the proven PCAN storytelling framework. Stakeholders will remember the idea and vision, and understand how the idea can provide mutual benefit
- Navigate the organizational environment to gain support for ideas at all levels. Storytelling helps leaders to work with and through others to gain alignment on a common goal.
This course combines a research-based framework, strategies and tools for communicating with diverse groups, and a proven work plan for moving ideas from concept to implementation.Download the Course Overview
- Understand how stories use context, emotion and simple themes to build deep connections with an audience
- Develop a convincing case for an idea by identifying reasons for the audience to say “Yes!”
- Build an ownable story, using the concepts covered each day
- Have a memorable pitch to communicate an idea within their organization
Discover how cohort learning can help your team
Developed in partnership with:
- Influence and Persuasion
Tailored to your company’s specific needs
Guided learning with experienced moderators
Bite-sized courses improve content retention
AI-fueled analytics provide actionable insights
Dedicated Customer Success Partner