Practicing Positive Leadership: Positive Leadership In Action—Empowerment
Create an Environment That Empowers Employees to Succeed
Positivity is the key to creating an empowered, virtuous organization that naturally attracts people. Drawing on a diverse body of research from healthcare to manufacturing, Professor Kim Cameron’s real-world, evidence- based examples demonstrate how leaders can affect organizational culture, positivity, and productivity.
- People spend about 20% longer thinking about positive information than negative (and 50% longer than neutral statements).
- Studies show people are more accurate at processing and recalling positive information than negative or neutral information.
- Central nervous system functioning is at its most effective in situations deemed positive.
- The positive energy of leaders has been seen to increase productivity 150%, as well as support job satisfaction, well being, cohesion, and team learning.
- Positivity increases life expectancy (6-7 years for one study and 12 years for another).
The research in this course demonstrates how positive leadership can be used to empower people to not only develop a greater sense of ownership and accountability for their work, but also to produce better outcomes.Download the Course Overview
- Explore what empowerment means, why it matters, and how it impacts performance
- Discover approaches to drive team empowerment, guided by case studies
- Assess their current empowerment and leadership capabilities to define concrete action steps
Discover how cohort learning can help your team
Developed in partnership with:
- Employee Engagement
Tailored to your company’s specific needs
Guided learning with experienced moderators
Bite-sized courses improve content retention
AI-fueled analytics provide actionable insights
Dedicated Customer Success Partner