Informal, peer-to-peer learning is a well-known driver of knowledge acquisition in the workplace. What’s new is the rise of social media tools that allow employees to easily connect online with peers for advice.
In our fast-paced world today, how are L&D leaders leveraging social learning to help employees acquire new and rapidly-changing skills? Ariel Hunsberger, Head of L&D at Slack and Shelley Osborne, Head of L&D at Udemy will share how they are integrating both in-person and online channels to build social communities and drive peer-to-peer learning in their workplace.
In this webinar, you’ll walk away with:
- A 3-stage approach to building your social learning programs
- How to structure your in-person and online social learning programs
- How to build a powerful social learning community at your organization
- Tips on what works & doesn’t work when building social learning communities
“I loved the Social Learning Slack webinar. I’ve already shared it with a few other leaders here and have posted it in our Microsoft Teams page. What I love about Udemy’s webinars is that you offer actionable takeaways, and social learning is something we’re trying to implement so I appreciated that it was actionable, versus just trying to sell me on something”
– Udemy for Business customer and webinar attendee
Head of L&D
Head of L&D