Practicing Positive, Purpose-Driven Leadership
Motivate, energize and align teams
Positive leaders aren’t born that way. Instead, they choose to practice positive skills every day and not allow fear and anxiety to dominate their behaviors and attitudes. Positive leaders show their employees that they care by actively listening and being compassionate to their needs. They advocate on the behalf of their team while creating and sustaining an empowered and accountable workforce. Positive leadership creates the foundation necessary to build a productive organization where employees feel good about the work they do.
This program incorporates easy to apply techniques and behaviors to build an intentional culture of positivity and engagement. Participants practice positive communication tools and approaches to proactively lead team members.
Learners explore how to create and sustain an authentic culture where personal values align with the mission, vision of the company, and improve overall learning agility, adaptability, and performance.
Week One: The Importance of Positive Leadership
- Review the business case for positive leadership
- Understand the heliotropic effect
- Recognize the power in expressions of gratitude to foster positive work climate
- Discover the attributes of positively energizing leaders and why they get results
Week Two: Engaging and Changing Your Culture
- Review a Case Study as an example of positive leadership in action
- Learn how engagement impacts a company’s bottom line
- Leverage new techniques to move teams through stages of development
- Apply three strategies for improving engagement
Week Three: Positive Leadership in Action
- Review the business case for empowerment
- Learn the five key dimensions of empowerment
- Improve communication techniques to build positive relationships
- Explore differences of defensiveness and disconfirmation
Week Four: Competing Values in Positive Leadership
- Evaluate the Competing Values Framework
- Assess current and future leadership capabilities
- Map and evaluate your Competing Values Framework assessment results
- Create a positive leadership action plan to make 1% difference through small wins
Week Five: Becoming a Purpose-Driven Leader
- Understand the power of purpose and its relationship to profits
- Review the counter-intuitive steps to create a purpose-driven organization
- Assess the current state of your organization’s purpose
- Envision your organization working to its higher purpose
- Learn how an authentic purpose becomes the arbiter of leadership decisions
- Take steps to discover your organization’s authentic higher purpose
- Learn how to create a positive work climate by practicing expressions of gratitude.
- Set and work to achieve a 1% achievement goal to make a significant difference in their life.
- Explore and identify the authentic purpose of their organization.
Discover how cohort learning can help your team
Developed in partnership with:
Tailored to your company’s specific needs
Guided learning with experienced moderators
Bite-sized courses improve content retention
AI-fueled analytics provide actionable insights
Dedicated Customer Success Partner