Leading Successful Projects
Learn the Basics of Leading and Managing a Successful Project From Start to Finish
Modern projects require the input, cooperation and orchestration of a multitude of different disciplines and functional areas, and must often be accomplished with few resources and little time. The ability to plan, schedule and control projects has become an essential leadership capability for all business leaders, not just designated project managers.
Projects are unique activities, and fall outside of typical day-to-day business processes. The ability of organizations to successfully execute these high stakes, “one-off” projects that they haven’t done before, requires a thorough understanding of project management principles.
This course provides a framework for effectively managing the uncertainty that’s inherent to projects. Participants will organize and kick off a project, create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), monitor planning and budgets, manage the critical path of a project, and bring a project to a successful completion.
In addition, learners will practice:
- Leading a project from concept to reality
- Operating effectively as a project team member and project leader
- Negotiating effectively with project team members an clients
- Evaluating the key elements of successful project management
- Manage a project from plan to delivery
- Apply project management principles to organizational strategy
- Apply negotiation and communication skills to bring a project to a successful outcome
Discover how cohort learning can help your team
Developed in partnership with:
- Project Management
Tailored to your company’s specific needs
Guided learning with experienced moderators
Bite-sized courses improve content retention
AI-fueled analytics provide actionable insights
Dedicated Customer Success Partner