Project Management | Course
Leading Successful Projects
Best Practices in Project Management
Modern projects require the input, cooperation and orchestration of a multitude of different disciplines and functional areas, and must often be accomplished with few resources and little time. The ability to plan, schedule and control projects has become an essential leadership capability for all business leaders, not just designated project managers.
Projects are unique activities, and fall outside of typical day-to-day business processes. The ability of organizations to successfully execute these high stakes, “one-off” projects that they haven’t done before, requires a thorough understanding of project management principles.
This course provides a framework for effectively managing the uncertainty that’s inherent to projects. Participants will organize and kick off a project, create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), monitor planning and budgets, manage the critical path of a project, and bring a project to a successful completion.
In addition, learners will practice:
- Leading a project from concept to reality
- Operating effectively as a project team member and project leader
- Negotiating effectively with project team members an clients
- Evaluating the key elements of successful project management
- Manage a project from plan to delivery
- Apply project management principles to organizational strategy
- Apply negotiation and communication skills to bring a project to a successful outcome