Accelerating HR’s Business Impact
Develop HR skills that add measurable value to your organization and prepare your team for fulfilling careers in HR
Agile, business-focused Human Resource professionals add immense value to any organization. When practitioners learn to connect HR to business strategy, they will deliver more value to customers and stakeholders. Through this program, HR functions evolve from emphasizing administrative and functional organization support into true business partners with an outside-in perspective.
Taught by Dave Ulrich, known as the father of modern HR, and other world-class instructors, your team will work on projects that add measurable value to your organization and learn skills that prepare them for fulfilling careers in HR.
Week One: Building HR from the Outside-in within the Context of HR
- Understand why HR from the outside-in means connecting actions and organizational capabilities to value creation activities
- Learn how today’s HR functions create value for customers, investors, and communities in addition to employees and business leaders
- Apply the STEPED tool to discover opportunities for revenue growth
- Learn how to use digital information to improve decision making
- Identify from a four-phase evolution the level of maturity in your HR digital capabilities
Week Two: The 3 Outcomes of HR: Talent, Leadership, and Organization
- Explore approaches to attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent
- Review talent initiatives for developing employee competence, commitment, and contribution
- Understand how HR builds a brand for the organization’s leadership team that is valued by investors
- Analyze employee performance trends through career stages and how high potential talent differs
- Learn to apply the 7 drivers that strengthen employee commitment
- Examine key factors that drive employee contribution
Week Three: HRCS Individual Competencies
- Understanding the importance of finding meaning at work
- The making of abundance
- Strategies for defining meaning at work
- Understanding your personal meaning and vision
- Constructing an EVP
- Evaluating what your talent values most
- Building a positive work environment
- Increasing abundance at your organization
Week Four: Improving and Prototyping Solutions
- Understand how critical thinking becomes a tool to “simplify complexity”
- Learn to manage your career, assess your resources, adapt to change, and practice self-coaching
- Learn how to develop your personal brand
- Learn and apply the STEPED tool to understand the business context for your organization’s HR initiatives.
- Explore the complexities within your current practices and define actions that are necessary for simplifying work.
- Begin to create a digital agenda for your HR function, and review emerging trends in talent, leadership, and organizations.
Discover how cohort learning can help your team
Developed in partnership with:
- Human Resources
Tailored to your company’s specific needs
Guided learning with experienced moderators
Bite-sized courses improve content retention
AI-fueled analytics provide actionable insights
Dedicated Customer Success Partner